At LifeCycles, we are committed to providing and co-creating a safe, inclusive and respectful environment. Volunteers must treat all clients, staff, and fellow volunteers with respect while conducting LifeCycles business. Harassment, discrimination or other behaviours that compromise the dignity and self-worth of others cannot be tolerated, and will be addressed promptly, in confidence, and in accordance with standards of due process developed by LifeCycles.
LifeCycles expects all staff and volunteers to abide by Human Rights codes. Volunteers should feel welcome to come to LifeCycles staff with any concerns at any point during their time as a volunteer with the organization.
I have read, understand and agree to abide by the code of conduct of LifeCycles Project Society and understand that such adherence is a condition of my employment or volunteer work.
I understand that violation of this Code of Conduct may be grounds for termination as a volunteer or, in the case of an employee, grounds for dismissal with just cause without notice or pay in lieu of notice.
I understand that my participation with the LifeCycles Project Society (“LifeCycles”) is strictly on a voluntary basis.
I understand that there are inherent risks associated with my voluntary activities, including, but not limited to, the risk of personal injury resulting from the use gardening tools, hazards in the environment, bug bites or stings, weather, temperature, terrain, equipment, vehicular traffic, falling from a ladder or other heights, or harm that may be caused by others.
I AM AWARE THAT THERE ARE RISKS OF HARM IN MY PARTICIPATION IN THE ACTIVITY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, RISKS OF PHYSICAL HARM AND:
1) I am aware and acknowledge that the activity by its nature is such that LifeCycles cannot identify all possible risks associated with it; and
2) I cannot guarantee or provide any assurance that LifeCycles personnel involved in the activity will not make errors that might create risks of harm to me therein; or
3) I cannot guarantee that LifeCycles personnel will be able to protect me from risks associated with the activity, including, without limitation, risks created by others participating in the activity; and
I NOW FREELY ACCEPT AND ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL RISKS TO ME IN CONNECTION WITH MY PARTICIPATION IN THE ACTIVITY.
IN RETURN FOR LIFECYCLES ALLOWING ME TO PARTICIPATE IN THE ACTIVITY:
1) I NOW WAIVE ALL LEGAL RIGHTS TO SUE AND ANY AND ALL CLAIMS I and my successors and assigns may have against LifeCycles in connection with any loss, injury, damage or expense of any kind that I may in any way suffer, incur or experience as a result of or in connection with my participation in LifeCycles’ programming or volunteer opportunities; and
2) I HEREBY RELEASE LifeCycles from any and all liability for any complaints, demands, claims, actions, suits, judgements and orders for any and all losses, injuries, damage or expenses I may suffer, incur or experience in connection with my participation in LifeCycles programming or volunteer opportunities; and
3) I AGREE TO INDEMNIFY LifeCycles for and hold it harmless from any and all losses, injuries, damages and expenses of any kind that LifeCycles may suffer, incur or experience and for any and all complaints, demands, claims, actions, suits, judgements and orders for any and all losses, injuries, damages or expenses of any kind anyone else may suffer, incur or experience in connection with my participation in LifeCycles’ programming or volunteer opportunities.
I hereby consent to receive medical treatment, which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident and or illness during this event. I accept the responsibility for my own safety and security and agree to this waiver on behalf of myself and my legal representatives, successors and assigns.